Monday, December 31, 2007

More snow!!!


It's quite a weather story around here in the mountains. http://www.9news.com Click on the Overnight shelters opened for stranded motorists news story. I-70 is still closed from Floyd Hill to Vail west bound and from Vail to Georgetown east bound. Many motorists were stranded along I-70 last night including Steve's friend and 2 of his sons on their way to Breckenridge. They flew to DIA from Florida, then rented a car and got stranded in Idaho Springs. Our dinner last night was canceled, even though we wouldn't have had to drive very far to get to our friend's house. The blowing snow really made visibility very poor. Our neighbor Colleen, works at Keystone and was not even able to make it home from work yesterday. It's hard to tell how much snow we got total, as the wind created drifts everywhere. I'll try to take some photos later when or if it warms up. It was below zero when I walked Lucy this morning and too cold for taking photos.


I took these 2 photos last night from our front window.

We're going to a new years party from 6:30-10 tonight. It's at Chris and Bill's in Silverthorne. Chris was my France roomy. They're calling it a New York style celebration as we'll toast the new year at 10:00! I love it!

No comments: