Saturday, March 15, 2008

Georgetown

Today was a very fun day. In the morning I went to Georgetown with my friends Laurie, Nancy, and Nancy's friend Jan from Shreveport. We had a great time. We went out for lunch and then did a little shopping. It was a beautiful sunny day. We all bought something at this shop called the Buckskin Trading Company. It's a boutique with unique clothing and we all bought something for our upcoming tropical trips. there is also an International shop where I posed under the Norwegian flag hanging outside of the store. Then the way out of Georgetown we spotted these Mule deers grazing on the side of the road.

Then tonight I went to a local school's carnival to bid on one of the hundreds of donated item in the silent auction. I was really amazed at the amount of things and services donated for Silverthorne Elementary.


I heard from Steve. He called on his layover in Atlanta. As you've probably heard, Atlanta has has some pretty bad storms and tornadoes the past 24 hours. His flight was delayed landing there and his flight to Denver was also delayed. We did not talk too long but his trip was good and he was able to snorkel with hump back whales. I look forward to seeing (& posting) some of his photographs.

No comments: