We are back from our trip to Florida. We went with our friends Helen and Jim, who are both scuba divers. We stayed in Marathon, which is in the Keys. The week started out with some very nice weather and the scuba diving was decent. I was supposed to snorkel a couple of days but it was too windy for my taste. I did not want to get out on the boat and have it be too rocky. My luck I'd get back on the boat and get sea sick. In fact, the seas were so rough on Thursday that Steve got sea sick for the first time. And they canceled their Friday's scuba trip. I was happy just to relax by the pool and catch up on some reading.
What we did not know before booking the flight was that it was Fantasy Week in Key West all week. We drove there on Wednesday in torrential rain. It rained on and off all day. We saw on the news that Key West broke their record for rain fall amounts that day by 3 times the previous record! They got 7" of rain!!! We went back to Key West on Saturday for the Fantasy Fest big parade. Boy, was it wild! All day people were parading their outfits and body painting up and down Duval Street. We were told before hand that decency laws don't exist on Duval Street and that was an understatement! I cannot post most of the photos we took from that day as they would certainly yank my blog. If you want to see any of them, let me know and I'll email you some. The body painting was really creative and there were some very funny costumes. I'll post some photos from our trip later today.
1 comment:
Great pictures! Looks like you had a great time. I can relate with the sea sickness....I think I could safely assume that morning sickness is not too far from sea sicknes....just morning sickness lasts about 8-10 weeks in my case :-) I'm two weeks into it. Yup, due in June of 2009 right around Father's Day. Everett got your postcard. Thanks! Love, Colleen
Post a Comment