Saturday, August 22, 2009

Moose




Yesterday Steve got a great birthday bonus. We saw this young bull moose on our walk behind our condo. We had our camera with as we knew it had been hanging around the woods recently. Steve had just told me to keep an eye out for the moose off the trail, so I was looking around. Then I said that we were in the same area where I saw a cow moose 3 years ago. About a minute later I spotted it laying about 15-20' off the trail. Lucy did not see or smell it. Once I got a good look at it Lucy and I headed back to our condo, rather quickly. :-) Steve hung around with his camera and took these shots. At one point the moose got irritated with Steve and started to get up, so Steve backed off. It was so magnificent to see!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So nice your pics are, dear. And the scense in ur place is breathtaking to me. I wish I could see these on my own eyes some days. I like your blogs very much. Best wishes to you and your family. (in cluding lovely dogs).