 |
| Diane & Ruthie in the lobby of a hotel. |
 |
| Gordon and his godmother, Aunt Ruth. |
 |
| Mom & Dad |
 |
| Ruthie, Mom, Dad, & Diane. |
 |
| Gordy, Mom, Dad, & Diane. |
 |
| Dad with his 2 daughters. |
I had a great week in IL earlier this month. The day after I arrived I took the train to Chicago to spend some time with Diane and Gordy. When I arrived we walked around the city before meeting Gordon for lunch at Banderas on Michigan Av. It was a delicious and fun lunch. Banderas is a very popular restaurant in that area and we were glad we got there early. Then Diane and I bummed around the city, shopping, window shopping, and people watching. Diane likes the make-up by Bobbi Brown and we ended up both getting some make-up applied by a cute Polish girl in Macys. I just loved her accent and she was so cute and funny. After she applied some eye make-up on me she stepped back and proudly said, "Now you've been Bobbified". Too funny.
Then Diane did some more Christmas shopping - it was just fun to be in the bustling city with all the Christmas lights. Our last stop was at the Ralph Lauren restaurant on Chicago and Michigan. It was a very cozy place filled with beautifully dressed people. We got lucky to get a seat by the window and had a wonderful glass of Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc wine. We had a nice chat and then walked the rest of the way back to the apartment they were staying in the River North area. The walk started out fine, but by the time we were getting closer to home, the wind picked up and it started to snow. So we
bundled up and walked a little faster. It was a very fun day with my big sister and I have a lot of fun memories.
Then we relaxed in the apartment Diane and Gordy (& me) were staying before going to Gordon and Lisa's apartment. They have a beautiful place with spectacular views. Lisa has started a new job and was working a lot of long days, so she could not join us for dinner. Ryan was also busy with work and could not get away. So the 4 of us went to an Italian restaurant called Prosecos. It was a nice evening.
The next morning Diane, Gordy, and I took the train back to Waukegan where Paul was waiting to pick us up. We were quite relieved to see him waiting as we were surrounded by pretty scary guys in our train car. They kinda gave us the creeps with their conversations about being in jail and their drug use. Then we went to the assisted living where my Mom lives and then went next door to see my Dad in the nursing home. Diane and Gordy gave Mom and Dad their Christmas gifts. Dad was so happy to see everyone and he was very funny. He even knew Gordy's name (not mine or Diane's)! Then we went to Ray Radigan's for a nice lunch. Then Diane and Gordy took the train back to the city. I went to "Maplewood Manor" (Paul and Marsha's home). Later that evening we picked up Mom and went to Jack's 4th birthday party. Photos of that fun party will be in my next post.
No comments:
Post a Comment