Thursday, December 2, 2010

Ouray

Ouray from above.
 



They call Ouray "little Switzerland" because it's surrounded by tall mountains.
Relaxing in the common area, in between soaks in the mineral pools.  Very relaxing.  The pool is just outside the window.

It was fun soaking when it was snowing.  The water temp was 104, just right.
I'm finally getting around to posting some of the last photos from our road trip.  We stayed at the Wiesbaden Hotel in Ouray for 2 nights.  Ouray has public hot springs pools but our hotel had their own pools, so we didn't need to go to the public pools.  It was so nice to walk from our room, in our robes, and just jump in the pools whenever we wanted to.  The second photo is an ice wall.  You can't see in the photo but they have a garden hose spraying the wall of ice to prepare it for the ice climbers in the winter.  I can't imagine doing that, can you?  We sure enjoyed our stay in Ouray.  I have one more round of photos to post.  Our trip was extended one extra day due to a snow storm in Summit County...

No comments: