Well my colonoscopy yesterday went well. For those of you (over 50) who haven't had their first colonoscopy, it really isn't a big deal. They give you such great drugs you don't remember much of it at all. Just minutes before the procedure, they give you a narcotic (intravenously) and another drug which gives you amnesia, so you don't remember much. The rest of the day you are a bit tired and gassy, but that's it. The prep the day before was not that uncomfortable either, although you do have to drink a lot of clear liquids, like juices, broth, anything that's not red or purple. I did have a polyp removed so I have to have another colonoscopy in 3 years, rather than 10.
I hope to post photos from my IL trip over the weekend and the lastest escapades of FM.
1 comment:
Glad that went good! I'm glad you were able to visit everyone back home. Look forward to the pics!
Love,
Colleen
Post a Comment