





The wild Columbine are in full bloom here now. I took these photos in the National Forest behind our condo over the weekend. Notice the name of the trail in the 1st photo, pretty appropriate eh? Every year there are more and more Columbine flowers. I threw in a wild rose photo too, as they're looking so pretty now too. We had a very nice hike hiking McCullough Gulch today with Don and Con. I'll post photos another day. It was a very good day until Lucy got sprayed by a baby skunk! When we got back from our hike, Don and Con took thier dogs Coby and Casper home. I then took Lucy for a short walk behind our condo and I was just about home. All of a sudden Lucy started to chase a baby skunk that was trying to run under our deck. Lucy caught it in her mouth before I realized what it was. She has been sprayed before and this time was mild, fortunately. I think the baby sprayed her but could not aim very well since it was in Lucy's mouth. So I think she got a partial spray in the head area. I was screaming for her to come to me, which she finally did. Luckily I had a special mixture from my vet that I used after bathing her tonight and she does not smell TOO bad now. What a way to end the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment